Powered By Blogger

Friday 12 February 2016

Spring is on the coorner....

13th February 2016

Spring comes on 21st March but my flowers at home are preparing for it now. There is unusual winter outside we don't have any snow here. Honestly the snowy winter lasted about 7 days. For me is the best winter because I love summer or spring.

My daughter's desk..


Last weekend I took care of my flowers at home. So I bought some nice pots in IKEA. Now I have blue, orange and white pots.

 This amaryllis I bought last year and it has survived happily winter and now I am waiting for new  flowers.
I think I have green fingers but last years I was very busy to plant some new flowers but now as we have moved to the bigger apartment I have decided to buy some new flowers but it doesn,t mean I am less busy.  In opinion home with plants looks friendlier and nicer. 

What is your opinion?

17 comments:

  1. I saved my amaryllis from last year but no flower yet! ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never work out why the northern hemisphere changes seasons mid month - whereas in the southern hemisphere we change season on the first of the month. So on March 1st we start Autumn, 1st June starts Winter, 1st September starts Spring and 1st December starts Summer!!!
    Seems much simpler to start at the first of the month.

    The pot plants should flourish with the advent of Spring but I do hope you put them outside for some natural sunshine?????
    Cheers
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia
      I see you have replied on the music with that video.
      Yes it certainly was not Chopin, but what type of music was it - it certainly to my ears sounded like a mixture of folk music of the Russian / Slavic and Gypsy variety??? And all three of these people have associations - good and bad - with the Kingdom, the State and the now Republic of Poland over the centuries.
      Colin

      Delete
    2. For weather watchers, meteorological winter is the three month period of December, January, and February. In northern locations, meteorological winter begins long before the winter solstice. Meteorological winter is based on sensible weather, like when snow and ice fall, while astronomical winter is based on the position of the Earth in its orbit around the sun. The start of astronomical winter is the same everywhere, but the start of meteorological winter changes depending on how far north you live.

      Delete
    3. Diane thanjks a lot for your answer . It is very clever..

      Delete
  3. I'm excited to see your plant bloom. I'm quite excited to see your spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful plant. Hope you show us the photo of the flower.
    7 days of snow, well I expect that was good as it didn't go on for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you having a mild winter. Hope your flowers do well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know flowers will be blooming happily in Spring. Looking forward to see your Amaryllis bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't live without house plants. They change everything for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy having house plants- they give a home something extra and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely agree - flowers make a huge difference in a room and brighten your mood as well. I wish I had green fingers! Your little pots look lovely.

    ReplyDelete